Friday, February 18, 2011

Another one bites the dust...

Chemo round four is in the books.  My brain feels a little fuzzy, and I'm fighting photosensitivity.  But, overall, I'm great.  Rounds 4-8 are with a different medication, which supposedly has fewer side effects.  I don't know how I can have fewer than I do right now.  Supposedly, the tiredness will dissipate faster. 

Good news from the doc...everything has shrunken over 50%!  She wasn't even sure what she was feeling under my arm was a lymph node - thought it could be the tendon.  Whooppeee!  She said the desired outcome was to rid the lymph nodes of the cancer.  Whatever is left of the lump in my breast could be calcifications and/or scar tissue.  No one will know until the surgeon removes it.  And on that note, I'm definitely having the left breast removed and reconstructed.  They'll need to do a little lift on Ms. Righty if Ms. Lefty is going to be more perky as a faux boob.  LOL! 

Otherwise, all is well.  Charlotte is doing terrifically and getting taller by the day.  I don't think there's a word she can't say.  She's stubborn.  She'll say, "thank you," but not "please."  She won't say her Aunt Shannon's name, "Shani," when she's with Shannon.  She'll say it 14 times in a row at home.  I guess she wouldn't be our daughter without a stubborn streak.  :-)

Below is a picture of a female warrior drawn by a colleague of mine.  It's hanging in my office where I can gaze upon her and gather strength every day. 

Love to you all!


2 comments:

  1. Hi dear. I am back from Israel and checking your updates. So happy to hear the good news.

    So, it seems like Mr. Righty is getting a free ride here! LOL.

    Congrats on turning the corner and perhaps we can start a countdown.

    Pls let me know when you feel like doing lunch.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see Bruce's drawing! All those warriors seem to be kicking butt.

    ReplyDelete