Thursday, December 23, 2010

Woohoo!

I just received another bit of good news.  My cancer is ER/PR positive and HER2 negative.  It's the most common type of breast cancer, so docs have a wider range of artillary to use in the fight.  I'll be able to lessen the chance of reoccurance by taking medication for the next 5-10 years to suck all the estrogen out of my body.  Maybe that sounds bad to some people, but I'll take it over the alternative.  ;-)

Below is a picture from a meeting I had recently, and while it makes me look like I'm 300lbs., I thought I would share it anyway.  Jim Toomey, creator of the Sherman's Lagoon cartoon, came to talk to our director about shark conservation.  National Aquarium (in D.C.) staff attended as well and brought Sherman with them for the photo op.  My job isn't such a bad gig.  LOL!

3 comments:

  1. I'm checking your blog daily now for updates and I'm so happy to hear you received some good news today. Being able to lessen the chance of reoccurance sounds like wonderful news!! Oh, and you don't look like 300 lbs in that photo, you look beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great news and I wish I was that big furry shark giving you a hug.
    So, huge virtual hug and pls keep on blogging.
    Thinking of you and sending best wishes.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you!
    Deb(the professor from MC) sent you her best wishes yesterday.
    Pls let us know if there is ANYTHING that we can do!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete