Wednesday, June 22, 2011

And the bubble goes POP!

I was very happy on Monday with the pathology report.  Then I made the mistake of emailing my oncologist.  I told her how happy I was with the report, and then I asked a couple questions about it.  Unfortunately, she hadn't received the report yet, and I think she was peeved that I had seen it first.  She told me it didn't matter that the tumor in my breast was gone, and it was not good news that cancer was found in two of the seven lymph nodes.  What the hell?  I was shocked.  And, of course, it was like midnight when I looked at the email, which didn't help at all.  I was up most of the night up thinking about it.  I've come to the conclusion that there was some "stuff" under her comments, and I'm not going to let it set me back.  I'm going see my surgeon, Dr. Phil, tomorrow, and I know he'll give me the information without any baggage.  Tune in tomorrow for more info.

2 comments:

  1. All tuned in, dear.
    We and all your ninjas are behind you.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's time to change your profile from "who happens to have breast cancer" to "who had breast cancer".

    While your journey is not over - I'm guessing and praying that the cancer is.

    Well played, lady.

    ReplyDelete