Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The bubble is secure.

I'm over my oncologist.  When I saw my surgeon  last week, he was much more positive.  No, it's not good that I still had cancer in my lymph nodes, but cancer was only in 2 out of 7 nodes (not 7 out of 7).

So, where am I now?  I'm still dealing with one disgusting drain that keeps pumping like an oil well.  Once that is removed, I'll feel more human.  I did wear a regular bra today instead of the giant post-op harness I had been wearing.  Oh, the simple pleasures of life.  :-)  I'll harness back up when I sleep tonight.  It's just easier. 

I'm starting to get used to seeing my post-op self.  It was a huge shock the first time I looked in the mirror.  It was the first time I cried since the week I was diagnosed.  I knew I wouldn't look pleasant, but you really don't know what it's like until you see it.  Plus, I've never had surgery where I could see the effect (wisdom don't count here).  I know in a year I will look much more normal.  It's just hard to see right now.  Each day makes everything better.

I'm over this and ready to get back to normal.  I'm more than a little tired of being home, and it's not comfortable to sleep.  This has led me to doing too much and becoming exhausted.  I'm going to take the next few days to recuperate.

At the moment, Charlotte is in her crib singing the "Happy Birthday" song to my sister-in-law's dog instead of sleeping.  She is definitely our daughter...night owl!  "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Sam-Sam, happy birthday to you!"  Ha ha ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. Molly, so glad to hear that your surgeon was more positive than your oncologist and that you are choosing to focus on the positive! You have had such a good attitude about this whole thing. It really is admirable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have a "Dr. Phil" that can show you the bright side of things. I completely agree with the previous comment. Andrew still has you in his nighttime prayers that are all headed "North" :-)

    ReplyDelete