Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 3 with the Celtic Chemo Gals and the Cherokees

I had my first chemo treatment on Thursday, and it went much better than I thought it would.  Supposedly, they get worse as you along, but at least I survived it.  One down, 7 more to go.  I felt fuzzy headed, tired, and had a headache.  Afterward, Erik and I went shopping at Target.  Nothing a little Target can't heal.  :-)  When we got home, I walked a couple miles on the treadmill, which helped too.

So, I felt good on Friday.  I could have gone to work, but the nurses all said to wait.  You never know when it will hit you, they said.  I logged another couple miles on the treadmill, and vegged the rest of the evning.

Now it's Saturday evening, and we're watching the Seahawks v. Saints.  Today was good.  Tired, but more or less fine.  Spent lots of time with Charlotte and did a tiny bit of cleaning.  Our wonderful friends just brought over dinner.  No wonder people gain weight when they have cancer - everyone wants to feed them!  I'm definitely NOT complaining.  LOL!  I would love to be at a friends' "Don't Let the Season End" party, but my social butterfly wings are at the cleaners today.

You're probably wondering about the Celtic Chemo Gals and Cherokees.  They have joined my Body Ninjas in the fight.  I'm Scots-Irish, with a touch of Native American, so I thought my new fighters should be Celts.  I start the injections tonight to force my white blood cells to produce, so those are my Cherokee Medicine Women.  It helps me visualize all the healing going on if I give the drugs and blood cells and all that good stuff an identity.  I sit quietly and feel the fight inside me.  I also visualize the healing when I'm working out.  Led Zepplin, .38 Special, and Jimmy Buffet have been the latest soundtrack.  Yes, you can dance to .38 Special, but it's nothing to take out in public.  :-)

So I'm off to eat a wonderful dinner and hang out on the couch watching a night of football.  Hopeful the other shoe doesn't drop tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit your blog leaves me with mixed feelings. I am toggling between that "punch in the stomach" sensation for your having to go through this battle, and really enjoying your writing tone, expressions, a spin on things, inspirational thoughts. Almost feeling guilty for liking it.
    I think you are a writer in heart.
    So happy you are feeling ok. Glad to hear that you did not go to work on Friday. Please, be good to yourself.
    Lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete