Thursday, January 13, 2011

Whoops! Spoke too soon.

So...I was getting a little cocky and thinking, "I can handle this chemo thing" and then WHAM!  I was knocked cold on Tuesday - four days after the fact.  I couldn't move.  All I could do is roll over and go back to sleep.  I think I did manage to stuff my pie hole once, but that was it.  For those moms out there...you remember that whole body tired feeling you get when you're first pregnant?  Multiply that times 10.  Yep...that's it.  But...I made it to work yesterday and again today, so I think I'm doing fine.  Scraping the ice off the car today was tough.  Yikes - gotta get back on the treadmill!  I know it could be much worse.  It really just makes me laugh.  Just when you think you're holding it together, the universe throws a curve ball.  Keeps me humble, I guess.  ;-)  That and the seven pounds I've gained in a week.  Erik's going to have to bounce me to work like Violet Beauregarde in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

On a bright note, Charlotte learned to say, "Awesome!"  I have to record it and post it somewhere to share.  It's so darn cute!  She says it with such aplomb, like, "Yes!  I am the most awesome kid in the world!"  Thanks to the TV for teaching her that nugget.  LOL!  She's learning words like crazy, and her walking is getting much better.  Every day is truly and adventure.

Speaking of adventure...the NOAA parking garage in winter???!!  People are crazed.  I literally sat in my car, in line, for five minutes this morning because no one would move.  The cars were too close together for people to pull into spots, but they would not give them up.  Thanks to one wonderful soul, we finally moved.  Stuff like that used to get my undies in a bundle, but now I just laugh.  

Quote of the moment: I meant to post this some time ago - passed to me by a dear colleague - another wonderful Churchillism:  We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

1 comment:

  1. A dear friend who had breast cancer a long time ago, while going through chemo was functioning with a good amount of energy 99% of the time. That 1%, though was what you described. She reminded me about that when I told her about you.

    Hope you don't have to be in the cold that much, and definitely, not scraping ice of the car.

    NOAA parking is an adventure! :)

    Take good care of yourself!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete